One-year B visa extension of a non-immigrant is very much alike to the one-year business visa but with minor differences. This visa type is employment-based(i.e., the applicant needs to possess a valid work permit) and even discards the necessity of leaving the country every 90 days. Furthermore, it can contribute to an application for permanent residency.

To avail of this type of Thailand visa extension, the applicant should ensure that he or she is meeting the basic minimum criteria and satisfying the minimum salary requirements for their nationality.



  • Valid Thai work permit
  • Should satisfy the minimum salary per nationality
  • Should employ four Thai employees per permit (4:1)
  • Must have 1M THB in net equity and registered capital not less than 2M THB
  • Should produce the revenue slip of the previous year to cover the salary of all the foreign employees. The company must submit a year profit and loss account inspected and certified by a certified accountant. It is mandatory for the total revenue showcased to be higher than the total salary and benefits paid to the employee.

Salary Requirements per individual Nationality

Salary in THB


India, Malaysia, Middle East



China, Indonesia, Philippines



Hong Kong, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Taiwan



Canada, Japan, United States



Africa (all), Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Vietnam



Europe (inc. United Kingdom), Australia



Persons working for newspapers in Thailand




  • Duly signed the Application form with necessary details.
  • Xerox copy of applicant’s verified passport.
  • Certificate of employment prepared in consonance with Immigration Bureau rules and regulations.
  • Photocopy of Work Permit.
  • Proof of corporate formation; certificate of incorporation of company or partnership certified by the Registrar within the past six months from the applied date.
  • List of shareholders certified by the Registrar and the Department of Business Development within the past six months from the applied date.
  • All the photocopies of the latest balance sheet and income statement, corporate income tax return (PND 50) and receipt, copy of SBC 3 must be certified by the Revenue Department or the Department of Business Development.
  • Revenue Department certified a copy of the last three monthly withholding tax returns showing the name of the employee and the alien applicant, together with the receipt.
  • Revenue Department certified a copy of the latest personal income tax return and receipt of the applicant.
  • Social Security Office certified a copy of social security contributions for the past three months filed with the Social Security Office Forms( S, PS 1-10) and receipt.
  • Document and receipt of the last three monthly Value Added Tax (VAT) return (PP 30 or PP 36) certified by the Revenue Department.
  • Proof of the need of the business corporation to employ the alien.
  • Detailed location for the place of work.
  • Other supporting documents for proof that may be required by the concerned authority (SSM 2).
  • Map showing the location of business including photos of the exterior portion of the building duly signed by the company along with the address, and photos of the interior portion showcasing the employee working.
  • If the applicant is accompanied by family then they must produce their marriage certificate along with birth certificates of any children. If they are provided by a foreign government then it is mandatory to be certified by the Embassy.



Before applying for business visa extension in Thailand you must ensure that you have a valid Thailand work permit and four Thai employees per visa extension application. However, the following corporate structures have to remit the requirement for the 4:1 Thai national ratio and extensions can be requested with a 1:1 ratio:

  • Regional Offices
  • International organizations having branch offices
  • International Trade business having representative offices